Many first time parent coaches volunteer or are volunteered to the job. Parent coaches are usually getting their feet wet with youth soccer and have no idea where to begin. Others do not have the time or experience to put together age appropriate practice plans for their recreational soccer team. First things first…Relax. Relax and think about how much fun you are going to have with these little Under-6 or Under-10 soccer players.
The goal should be to create a fun, positive, learning soccer environment for your players in training and in games.
This year Fond du Lac Soccer is providing free to all of our coaches a practice plan support system to help them achieve this goal. This coaching support system is called youthsoccer101 which provides coaches with everything that is needed to run a fun and effective practice. Each coach will be automatically registered to receive age appropriate practice plans from youthsoccer101. This system is compliments of Fond du Lac Soccer.
Here is how the system works:
- Once per week for the entire season a coach receives an age appropriate practice plan via email. The email contains a link that opens a webpage from youthsoccer101
- Practice plans are delivered the weekend before a practice so there is time to review it
- The weekly plan includes:
o an age appropriate printable practice plan focusing on a particular skill
o 15-20 second video clips of the drills to help a coach understand the drills and how they should
look on the field
o animated views of the drills to help a coach understand the drills and how they should look on the
- Video clips and animation for the drills are viewable on an iphone, ipad, as well as all other smart phones
- Additional goalkeeping drills for beginners
The result is that coaches can spend a few minutes each week reviewing pre-planned sessions, come to practice with drills they understand, and have the confidence to run a fun effective practice. This equates to happy coaches, happy players, and helps us achieve our goal of creating a fun, positive, learning soccer environment.