to the new online home of the Fond du Lac Soccer Association
I want to thank everyone who has signed up for the 2014 Rec League Soccer Season. I am Chad Collett, and currently serve at the Vice President of the Fond du Lac Soccer Association and the Rec League Director for the 2014 Season.
In this article I want to provide you with a few key dates that you should mark on your calendars and Main points of contact for your age group. While this post is long, it does provide a lot of valuable information.
This year, we have assigned a FLDSA Board member to oversee each age group to ensure that questions can be answered and addressed promptly both before and during the season. Find your main contact associated with your child’s age group. As a board, we all are committed to being readily available to answer your questions, be visible and make this is great experience for all.
Dates to mark on your calendar:
· Week of April 27: This week we will also be holding our coaches kickoff meetings/trainings. Starting this week, Coaches will be contacting parents to introduce themselves and give you an update on the season, the team, discuss practice options and what to expect. In addition you will be receiving the game schedule for the season. Uniform jersey’s and soccer socks will be distributed by each coach to his/her team at least one week prior to the start of the season.
· May 19: The Rec Season Begins! All regular season games are played during the week and will be held at the Fond du Lac Soccer Complex. See what night your child plays. Note all games start at either 5:30pm or 6:45pm sharp with the exception of U5/U6 which will start 15 minutes earlier since we combine practice and the games on the same night for these age groups).
· May 31 & June 1: U8-U14 Tournament. With the creation of baseball fields on our soccer fields, our kids will be not participating in a Walleye Weekend soccer tournament this year. In order to provide each player more games during the rec season, we are creating a 3 game tournament this weekend. Each team will play on Saturday, May 31st and Sunday June 1st. There is a chance a team could play just one day, but that has not been determined at this time.
· June 2-4: Picture Day(s) – We are doing it a bit different this year and will be taking team and individual pictures on the day you normally play your games with the exception of Thursday night teams (U8 & U14 Boys). Those pictures will be scheduled earlier in the week between Monday-Wednesday. Each team & individuals will take the picture before their scheduled game. (There is no make-up day scheduled). A full picture day schedule will be released no later than May 1st. So, if you play your games on Mondays, your picture day is Monday, June 2nd.
· July 19-20: End of the Year Tournament. We will be holding our annual end of the year tournament and your child will play either Saturday, July 19th or Sunday, July 20th. We will be providing the date your child plays when the team schedules are released. This is a Fond du Lac only tournament and held at the Fond du Lac Soccer Complex.
All these dates and more will be posted on our FDLSA Calendar. I look forward to a great season and want to let you know that communication is very important to the Fond du Lac Soccer Association. We plan to do our best to make sure that you have all the information possible and in a timely manner. To accomplish that, we will be utilizing Email, Text Messaging and Social Media in our communications.
We encourage you to like our page on facebook at www.facebook.com/fondysoccer and also to sign up for our text alerts (canceled/rescheduled games due to weather, field changes, general notifications) via RainedOut at or by texting FDLSA to 8483.
Thank you for being part of the Fond du Lac Soccer Community and being part of the Soccer Association’s 40th Anniversary. I welcome any questions, comments or concerns at any time.
Finally, as we form the teams this week we are still looking for volunteer coaches across all age groups as well as companies to be team sponsors. If you would consider coaching or sponsoring a team please see the links below.
We will continue to send additional messages (email & text) as the snow continues to melt and the season draws closer to keep you as up-to-date as possible.
Chad R. Collett
Vice President & Rec League Director
Fond du Lac Soccer Association