NOTE: Due to COVID-19 tryout dates have been pushed back to July 13th-21st by WYSA.
Until we get closer to the actual tryouts dates, parameters of tryouts could change based on current conditions from COVID-19.
If you are not able to attend tryouts during this time frame (due to injury or being out of town) still register and note that in your registration.
All players with 2003-2011 birth years are welcome to tryout for an Fond du Lac Phoenix Select team. Any player with 2012 birth year will need permission to tryout from our President, Chad Collett.
Please read all information for the 2019-2021 Age Group requirements to find your appropriate time to tryout.
Each age group will have at least two tryout sessions they can attend. They do not need to attend both, but attending more than provides coaches a better chance to evaluate players.
Tryout Dates: Group Dates and Times for both Boys and Girls Teams (all are subject to change)
- U11 and U12: Monday July 13th and Thursday, July 16th
- U13 and U14: Tuesday, July 14th and Friday, July 17th
- High School: Wednesday, July 15th and Monday, July 20th
- Rain Date: Saturday, July 18th: U11 and U12
- Rain Date: Sunday, July 19th: U13 and U14, High School
- Weeknight Tryouts:
- 4:45pm Check-In Begins, 5:30pm - 7pm Tryouts
- Weekend (Rain Dates only if needed):
- Saturday: 8:45am Check-In Begins, 9:30am - 11am Tryouts
- Sunday: 2:45pm Check-In Begins, 3:30pm - 5pm Tryouts
Here are an overview about Fond du Lac Phoenix Select tryouts and programs offered:
- You must attend tryouts to be considered for a Fond du Lac Phoenix select team. If you cannot attend FOR ANY REASON please notify firstname.lastname@example.org right away. (But you are still required to register)
- each session is typically 75-90 minutes
- the color structure of our teams are Red (top tier) and then Black. White is used only when there is a third team in an age group
- tryout evaluations will be done by independent evaluators and Select League Phoenix Coaches.
- Due to potential tryout restrictions and COVID related hardships, there is a NO tryout fee this year.
- arrive 25-30 minutes before your session to check in at the concession stand pavilion and warm up after getting checked in.
- Wear shin guards, cleats and bring a properly inflated ball and water bottle
- players will receive a tryout number and matching pinney for the tryout session
- parents may not be on the tryout fields
- all players will receive notification by email, or phone.
- once you accept an offer, you must secure your roster spot by registering online. Instructions will be emailed to players receiving offers.
- The 2012-2021 season player pass for their new team begins on August 1, 2020 and runs until July 31, 2021.
- A player photo (for player card) must be submitted upon tryouts.
First Date of Offers: July 21, 2020
You will have 48 hours upon receipt of an offer to accept.